Monday, June 23, 2008

End of An Era

For nearly 20 years the voices of New York sports have been Mike Francesa and Chris Russo aka "Mike and the Mad Dog" on WFAN.
But it now seems likely that they are going to break up.
Even though I hate them, I still listen because there are no better alternatives and because they have good guests.
Now it seems like their reign of terror is over.
Both guys are egotistical jerks so it wouldn't surprise me at all if their off-air fueds are responsible for this.
They aren't scheduled to work together very much if at all over the summer so this may take a couple months before it comes to fruition.
But apparently Mad Dog has a contract through next year, so WFAN would be unlikely to get rid of him. Francesa's contract status is unknown.
As much as I hate Francesa I really hope he is the one who stays. I cannot listen to Mad Dog when he is by himself.
I'd love to see one of them defect to ESPN Radio and go head to head against each other.
That would be interesting.
I should say that I do take this story with a healthy dose of skepticism because Newsday doesn't seem to have any hard facts or reliable sources.

Mike and the Mad Dog could be splitting up

No comments: