Friday, September 05, 2008

Funny or Douchey?

Pizza Parlor Derek is Commissioner of the Main Event Fantasy Football league, comprised mostly of Poopheads. Each year at the draft, PPD presents the winner (this year it was Billy) with his prize money, and a large mock check, like you see when corporations donate money to charity.
This year PPD went above and the call of duty and actually went to FedExKinko's and printed the check. Then he mounted it on a foam board provided by El Greco.



While I admire his hard work, I think it's a little too far to go for fantasy football.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Mr. Poop -- but I have to disagree with you on this one.

I think that large fake checks are hilarious.

Especially after I saw an episode of The Office which featured one ("Fun Run" - when they were trying to raise money for rabies awareness)...

------------

Michael: Myth: Three Americans every year die from rabies. Fact: Four Americans every year die from rabies

------------

Michael: I always imagined it with a giant check.

Jim: Yeah, I mean personally, I am definitely on board with the giant check.

Pam: Giant check it is.

Dwight: I don’t know. On the other hand, it does leave less money for bat birth control.

------------

Michael: I was also hoping to hand the giant check to a rabies doctor. How's that going?

Pam: Not well. A doctor won't come out to collect a check for 700 dollars. Or 500 dollars if we go with the giant check. And also, there is no such thing as a rabies doctor.

------------

Michael: I would like you to accept this check for $340 made out to “Science.”