Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Decision Day

Stop sitting on the fence!

Undecided Voter

It's time to make up your mind.



In truth I'm not going to vote today. I've always been too lazy, disaffected or apathetic to vote. This year I intended to change that but kept my voter registration forms in my bag too long and missed the deadline. Oh well. I do feel voting isn't as big a deal as people make of it. In a presidential election one vote has no chance of counting. And before you say anything, if ever voter totals got so low that one vote could matter, I would vote.

I find it odd that people who are so pompous about voting are the same people who lie, cheat and steal to get out of jury duty. I view jury duty to be a much higher civic responsibility. There your voice means a lot more.

But if weather permits I will walk with Mrs. Poop to our local polling place (the school in our neighborhood).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't you show up and fill out a paper ballot. Some states allow that for people to register and vote all together.