Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Still Not Worth It

One-point-two million dollars. That's the going rate for a fastball to the groin.
Lhyvann Felipe was helping pick up the baseballs at a batting cage in Florida two years ago when a pitching machine unexpectedly (the round was finished and its lights were off) fired, hitting the poor schlub right in the onions. And whenever onions are smashed, someone cries. And Felipe did.
He was hospitalized for several days incurring $160,000 in medical expenses.
The extra million was for pain and suffering.
I couldn't find out what happened to his nuts, but I imagine had the fastball rendered him infertile he would have gotten a lot more than a million.
So, if there was no permanent damage, just excrutiating pain, several days in the hospital perhaps an operation, was it worth it?
I say no.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

People have taken shots to the nuts for a lot loss.

Anonymous said...

Yes! I'll play like Billy Madison preparing for hockey season for that mill. Probably less...
I'm thinking I might go as low as 100K for this. If I'm in the hospital for 2-3 days I'm being payed somewhere between 33 and 50 thousand a day. That's a pretty good wage. And the pudding is good too!