Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekly Picks

Thanks to a crazy spread in the Giants game we got back on the horse with another good week. Overall our percentage is 54% which is barely enough to scrape by with some winnings if you count the vig. But an outstanding 8-2 record on best bets makes this a very good season for this format.

tennessee -3 JACKSONVILLE
I still don't understand why the Titans are not getting any respect. They're 9-0 for pete's sake. The Jaguars are terrible and in the last two weks they faced teams that had 0 combined wins entering the game. And they went 1-1. Now they're against the best team in the NFL. Two reasons this is not my best bet: it looks too obvious, and the spread is exactly a field goal.

new orleans -5 KANSAS CITY
The Chiefs played 3 tough games in a row (Jets, Bucs and Chargers) and they lost all 3. I think the psychology of results may begin to come into play here. I also think the disappointing Saints need a victory here and the spread is not too huge.

arizona -2 1/2 SEATTLE
Even though they won the Cardinals played a very bad game Monday night. The Seahawks are absolutely awful. They played tough against the Dolphins and lost. So that makes this an interesting game for me. Normally I look for a bad team that won against a good team that lost the week before. Here I'm going with a good team that won but played poorly against a bad team that lost but played well.

PITTSBURGH -4 1/2 san diego
The Chargers are so disappointing and the Steelers defense looked so good against the Redskins. They're coming off a loss to the Colts but that gives me even more reason to believe they will bounce back at home.

BEST BET
BUFFALO -4 1/2 cleveland

I worry about picking all favorites, and I worry about picking the Bills. After their loss to the Dolphins I thought I'd stay away from them for the rest of the year. But this is more of a selection against Cleveland than a pick for Buffalo. Brady Quinn was very impressive in his debut but rookie quarterbacks are by nature up and down. I expect a down week with a couple of interceptions from the kid.


Last week: 3-2 (4 points)
Season: 27-23 (33 points)
Best Bets: 1-0 (8-2)
Home Favorites: 0-1 (9-9)
Home Underdogs: 0-1 (2-1)
Road Favorites: 2-0 (10-5)
Road Underdogs: 1-0 (6-7)
Road Pickems: 0-0 (0-1)

No comments: