Monday, December 22, 2008

I Can't Find Any Reason I Won't Love This Show

I like "Friday Night Lights." I like "Entourage." I like Ice Cube. I like LeBron James.

So I think I am going to like this.

"LeBron James has partnered with O'Shea "Ice Cube" Jackson and ABC for a one-hour drama based on James' experiences as a high school hoops phenom. The series, described as "Friday Night Lights-meets-Entourage," will follow an inner-city 15 year-old prep star who is transplanted to a small town school and forced to come of age while dealing with media pressure, unscrupulous moneymen and the jealousy of his peers.

The pilot script is expected in the coming weeks and, if the network approves, production on the pilot could begin in the spring for a fall '09 premiere. CubeVision and James's newly formed entertainment entity Spring Hill Productions will oversee for the network, while James and Cube will serve as co-creators and executive producers."


And coming summer 2010, the kid moves to New York.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The kid has no desire to be a Knick whatsoever. If he comes to NY it's to play for his homeboy Jay Z and the Brooklyn Nets