Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Mrs. Poop Comes Out on Top

When I tried to encourage you all to enter The Poop's tournament challenge group, I promised the winner a "laudatory post."
And there is no one about whom I'd rather write a laudatory post than my wife, the lovely Mrs. Poop.
But since I've often described this entire blog as "a love letter to Mrs. Poop" it's not necessary to repeat all that here.
Plus, her accomplishments speak for themselves. She got 3 out of the 4 Final Four teams correct, nailed Michigan State vs. UNC with UNC winning. And for good measure, in her tiebreaker she correctly predicted Michigan State would score 72 points in the title game.
Her 1570 points placed her in the top half-percent nationally, pretty good. She finished in a multi-way tie for 20,587th place, a remarkable accomplishment in a field of more than 4,000,000 people.

Now the question everyone is asking, how did Mrs. Poop do it? First of all, she picked the least creative entry name possible. Seeing as how "ton" finished second, there must have been something to this.

Second, she did not have me standing behind her while she was making the picks, clearing my throat when she made a bad one. Although, if I had been I wouldn't have let her pick UCLA or Duke over Villanova.

Third, with Mrs. Poop first and jusTON second, maybe being good-looking helped. But considering I finished third and Special K finished last, I doubt that had anything to do with it.

Maybe Mrs. Poop just knows a lot about college basketball. Or maybe she really did travel into the year 2015 and buy a sports almanac.

Who knows?

Congratulations to Mrs. Poop, a deserving winner of the 2009 Poop Tournament Challenge.


Mrs. Poop's adoring fans congratulate her on her victory.

5 comments:

master bates said...

Looks like Mrs Poop is being groped in that picture.

Damino said...

Very well done. Congrats.

ton said...

It was a pretty good turnout. My hours and hours of examining game footage almost paid off. By hours and hours...I mean about 30 seconds per first round matchup reading that little in-bracket pre-game summary ESPN provided. Good times.

Juice said...

MAZEL TOV!!!....btw, what would you give me for JD McCoy & Tyler Hansbrough?

scat said...

Juice, I was thinking the same thing. Definite 9.5