Monday, April 27, 2009

Racist Newscast

A TV station in Rochester does a story about Popeye's running out of chicken on the very day it advertised an 8-piece bucket, normally $7.29, for $4.99.
To confirm an age-old stereotype that black people like fried chicken, the racist news team at WHAM interviews nearly a dozen people for the story, I'll let you count the white people.



Btw, I still love Popeye's and I'm happy to pay full price for the 8-piece whenever Mrs. Poop is out of town.

Please don't tell the Conciergette that I eat an 8-piece by myself.

2 comments:

Jems said...

Forgive me if I'm commenting without having the full story since I'm leaving this message before watching the video BUT... what if every person that happened to go in or come up to the drive through was African American while they were interviewing for the story???

Paul said...

That's my sarcastic point Jems. Its ok to say Chinese food, Italian food but it's not ok to say black people like fried chicken and collard greens even though those items are staples of "soul food" which is essentially Black American cuisine.