Monday, April 27, 2009

Thank You for Being a Friend

Normally when a celebrity dies I try to commemmorate them with the most obscure reference to that person as possible. For instance, Vonnegut , Heston and Rizzuto.

Since I'm not really a big "Maude" fan, and "Golden Girls" is too cliche, I'll just pass on these two anecdotes about Bea Arthur.

Two things you need to know to understand these stories.
1) Mrs. Poop loves Golden Girls.
2) Bea Arthur's character was named Dorothy Zbornak.

Mrs. Poop’s current Facebook status says “R.I.P. Dorothy Zbornak ” One of her friends commented “sorry for your loss.”

A few years back while watching “The Office” I noticed a credit for a producer named Kent Zbornak. I paused the show and wondered aloud if “he’s related to Dorothy.” Mrs. Poop thought for a few seconds, then started hysterical laughing. I often point to that instance as the reason why we make such a good couple. I’m the only person in the world who saw that name and made that connection. And she’s the only person who would have found it funny.

Bea Arthur, we’ll miss you.

Thank you for being a friend.

Dorothy Zbornak, thank you for being a friend

2 comments:

jleary said...

It is going to be an even sadder day when Betty White dies

Reissberg said...

I disagree with you on this one, Poop. I would have probably noticed the Zvornak name, and Mrs. Reissberg definitely would have laughed.