Wednesday, April 01, 2009

We Had a Good Run

Four wonderful years ago (more like three and a half) I decided to start a blog so I could share with the world the same things I was frequently e-mailing to the woman who had recently become Mrs. Poop. Since that time (a few months after our wedding) I got promoted, moved to overnights, had a baby, got fired, got a new job and blogged about all of it. And I think that’s enough.
For one reason or another I’ve put off this day until now.
For one year now – or longer – this blog has been more of an intrusion in my life than a fun hobby. As much as I enjoy doing it – my own personal need to post every good story, as quickly has possible – has become impossible at my new job, with my new schedule. And with my new kid, sitting at the computer pecking away nonsense about cheerleaders and sluts, no longer seems worth the effort. And it wasn’t just my interest that was waning. I’ve noticed that many once loyal Poopheads now only check the blog once a week or less. As hits from strangers looking for cheerleaders pooping went through the roof, hits (and comments) from the people I actually care about, fell off. But I thank you all for reading and participating over the years and for bearing with me over the past few months as this once great blog became a shell of itself.
For one last time, I click publish post – and say goodbye.

15 comments:

SCZA said...

I'm right there with you... finding with my "new" duties I have next to no time to update, and even when I do, I just don't feel like it. And the "threat" of work finding out is an increasingly heavy burden.

Plus, the constant updating of Facebook, especially the picture sharing, has really taken it's place.

I guess its time to hang around Twitter more, trading messages with Charlie Villanueva and Paul Pierce.

Oh well, it was a good run Paulo.

BC said...

The timing of this post is interesting.

Damino said...

At first glance, I was hoping this was an April Fool's joke, but doesn't seem like it, and I completely understand where you're coming from.

Thank you for doing this the past few years. I absolutely loved reading your posts, which were always thoughtful and well written. And even those that weren't especially enlightening, like the WYB series, well those were just awesome.

I wish you and your family and all Poopheads the very best.

jleary said...

Thanks for helping me to get my day started each morning,usually with a chuckle (except for all the PSU bashing)

DiTen said...

(tear)

Anonymous said...

Devendorf sucks.

ton said...

We'll miss you. I'm proud to have provided you with half-assed tech support, and being your stand in once every year or so.

Now what the hell am I going to do first thing every morning!?

Enjoy the added free time.

RZR said...

Is this an April Fool's joke? If not, NOOOOOO. I needs me some Poop.

juice said...

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!...(or April Fools)

Reissberg said...

My immediate thought was April Fool's joke and I'm sticking to it.

If you were planning on this for a while, does not make sense that you'd do it today, of all days.

If I'm wrong, this is the sad, the end of an era and I need to find a new diversion.

Scat said...

Liar, whore, liar, whore.

focks said...

you are a boldfaced liar

Bill said...

Mr. Poop is full of shit.

Freedo said...

This is 100% April Fool's because a Penn State HATER like Poop wouldn't go out like this.

Die Syracuse, you guys blow.

LETS GO STATE.

GO STATE BEAT BAYLOR

D said...

It has been a good run, but eventually we all run out of steam. Thanks for the great times, Paul.

Derek