Friday, July 17, 2009

I Am the Friendliest Person in the World

After reading of my previous train station encounter Mrs. Poop questioned my motives, assuming the poker-loving cell phone screamer must have been hot. But my latest act of civility went much farther, and to a much less attractive woman, proving to Mrs. Poop and the rest of you haters that I really am a good person.

On the way home I finally had a minute to detour in Penn Station to find the new Tim Hortons, after being swayed by the company's guerrilla marketing.



Much to my delight, Tim Horton's was packed, but running efficiently (4 lines with a greeter directing customers to the shortest line.

I ordered my 20 chocolate Timbits ($3.79 in Penn Station, $2.75 in Canada) and went on my way. I was quite pleased with the Timbits, still warm, soft and moist and without excessive glaze.

When I arrived in Secaucus one of the workers there (the aforementioned unattractive lady) asked me what I was eating. I explained to her the whole story about Tim Horton's being a Canadian chain, and opening its first 13 stores in New York City this week.

Then I did the unthinkable and gave her a Timbit.

As I walked away I was proud of myself for being so nice to a stranger.

Then I thought about it some more and was pissed because it meant one fewer Timbit for me.

3 comments:

jleary said...

You are quite the humanitarian

Anonymous said...

what the hell is a timbit?

Bill said...

who r u? i don't even know who you are even more