Thursday, September 10, 2009

I Think I Would Have to Agree

"Albert Pooh Holes is really, really good."
-Adam Wainwright, St. Louis Cardinals pitcher

Ok, so I took that a little out of context for humor. Here's Wainwright's full quote: "I don't know how anybody could ever be better than he is. Ever. No offense to Henry Aaron and all those guys. I'm sorry, Hank. But Albert Pujols is really, really good."

The Fantastic Pooh Holes is having a transcendant season, challenging for the Triple Crown. Excluding known steroid users his 2009 numbers may go down as the best year in the past 50 seasons.

The Magnificent Pooh Holes smiles as he hits another home run

5 comments:

Damino said...

I know he's not a "known steroid user," but I'm not alone in being convinced this guy is a closeted juicer.

He has the build and the roid rage, but somehow has managed not to get caught. His numbers are unbelievable, but I feel like this season is going to end up lumped in with Bonds' 2001 campaign.

jose canseco said...

Big Mac and i hooked him up with a guy St Louis. Read about it in my next book. i haven't been wrong yet.

Paul said...

BD & MB, while it's certainly not impossible that he used steroids at some point you have zero evidence against him.

Yes, he's built like a brick shithouse, but he never underwent a sudden and drastic change in physical appearance.

Roid rage? When? Never happened?

He's never tested positive. He's never been linked to a tainted trainer or doctor.

Maybe the guy is just really, really good.

master bates said...

they said the same thing about A-Rod and he was a user. I've bought into the hype before. Unfortunately with the steroid era everyone is guilty in my eyes.

Jems said...

Jeter and Wright are the only players I have no doubts about. Pujols does show roid rage from time to time. He gets real pissy and Larussa has to stick up for him for being so prickly. Wasn't he recently jawing with a 1st basemen over something?

I don't know what he looked like in the minors but he was never in my fantasy magazine as a hot prospect and seemingly came out of nowhere. His quads are the size of tree trunks, so I really do have my doubts. Plus he is from DR, where it can be usd legally during the offseason and then I suppose he could flush his system and stop once March rolls around.