Saturday, December 19, 2009

Weekly Picks

The only thing I had success with last week is picking against Dallas in December so we will try that again this week.

NEW ORLEANS -7 1/2 dallas
I think the Saints are going to go strong to the wire and I think Dallas is going to fade. Plus the Saints technically need one more win to clinch home field.

atlanta +4 NEW YORK JETS
This seems just about the right time for the Jets to start breaking their fans' hearts. Not sure what the weather will bring for this one. The snow is supposed to have stopped by now but it could be cold and windy. Sanchez will probably start so maybe the wind could blow the ball to his own receivers for a change.

oakland +14 DENVER
Too many points here. The Raiders are actually pretty good when Jamarcus Russell is not starting. I think the spread would be 7 if Bruce Gradkowski were playing, so we'll see what happens with Charlie Frye but I think as long as Russell doesn't toucht the ball the Raiders will keep it close.

ARIZONA -12 1/2 detroit
The Cardinals will bounce back from a 7 turnover performance and put a hurting on the Lions then rest Kurt Warner for two weeks in lieu of competing for the 3rd playoff spot over the 4th.

BEST BET
green bay +2 [corrected] PITTSBURGH

The old trap game where the handicappers trap you into picking one side by making the spread so ridiculously wrong. I always lose these games but the Steelers have recently lost to the Browns, Chiefs and Raiders, how can they beat the Packers who are playing great defense lately? Not sure, but I have a bad feeling we might found out.

Last week: 2-3 (3 points)
Season: 30-40 (30 points)
Best Bets: 1-0 (7-7)
Home Favorites: 0-1 (7-9)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (1-2)
Road Favorites: 1-1 (14-13)
Road Underdogs: 1-1 (8-15)
Road Pickem: 0-0 (0-1)

2 comments:

Freedo said...

Not a bad set of picks, except how can you pick the Raiders? Charlie Frye???

Paul said...

Amazing that even when I am right I'm wrong. I think the Raiders are actually good without Russell, then he comes in and wins the game for them.

I also got pretty lucky on the Packers game. McCarthy did the right thing going for that 2-pointer, but if they miss I lose.