Thursday, April 15, 2010

Did Keith Hernandez Get Scolded by SNY?

Recently I was speaking to a Red Sox fan about their awful announce team of Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy. He said Remy was reprimanded for making too many mentions of his outside business interests during broadcasts.

I think a similar thing may have happened to Keith Hernandez.

On Tuesday Gary Cohen said he was surprised to see Keith eating a Shake Shack burger during Sunday's game.

"I forgot my uh my diet," Keith replied.

Gary told him "its ok, you can say it."

So Keith said "I left my NutriSystem lunch at home.

But it seemed like he was reluctant to mention the brand name.

My suspicion was confirmed Wednesday. After they showed a shot of Jason Giambi in the Rockies dugout Gary Cohen commented on his gray beard. Keith said "I don't want to get into details but there's a commercial about that."

It seemed an obvious reference to the Just For Men campaign ("your beard is weird") he does with Clyde Frazier.

I don't know about the rest of you but I enjoy hearing about Keith's outside interest including his dog Duncan, his front lawn and the time the JFM folks called him to tell him his mustache was getting too gray.

Keith also made a TV faux pas, speaking while he didn't realize they were back from commercial:



I just had to sit there and just stare at her.

Thanks for the tip Juice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is 100% not true about Remy - guaranteed - he was never reprimanded or even told he could or could not say anything! Your friend may be assuming this because Jerry chose not to in the beginning of last season - and then he was out for most of the season. His not talking about other things non-baseball related were more to do about his depression than anything. Just thought you should have the facts.

SCZA said...

Having gotten to know Remy pretty well in the last couple of years, that is correct. He is extremely guarded about his cancer scare and the depression he suffered last year.

He doesn't hesitate to pimp his hot dogs or his new sports bar outside Fenway constantly, and NESN obliges by flying the blimp over the deck every chance they get - at least twice a game.