Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekly Picks

The season started off on a pretty decent note, but when you drill deeper, I only went 2-3 and I got very lucky to get my best bet when the Bills took a safety to push the Dolphins past the number. Week 2 should be a little easier as we now have something of a read on the teams.

DETROIT +6 1/2 philadelphia
This pick is solely because of Michael Vick and Ndamukong Suh. I hate Vick, think he can't throw accurately. I expect Suh to sack him three times. I also am not all that concerned about Shaun Hill replacing Stafford. I think the Lions will get 100 yards out of Best and keep the game close.

arizona +6 1/2 ATLANTA
Falcons offense looked inept, Matt Ryan is not looking so much like Matty Ice anymore. Plus I read about a computer simulation that has great success in accuarately picking games made this game the best bet of the week.

new england -3 NEW YORK JETS
I will pick against the overrated Jets and their shitty QB until the oddsmakers see what I see.

DALLAS -7 chicago
The Cowboys will bounce back and I have zero confidence in the Bears. I was looking for an 0-1 team guaranteed to beat a 1-0 team.

BEST BET
new orleans -5 1/2 SAN FRANCISCO

I believe in the arm of Drew Brees way more than the motivational tactics of Mike Singletary.

Last week: 2-3 (3 points)
Season: 2-3 (3 points)
Best Bets: 1-0 (1-0)
Home Favorites: 0-0 (0-0)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (0-0)
Road Favorites: 1-3 (1-3)
Road Underdogs: 1-0 (1-0)

1 comment:

jleary said...

I didn't have a much better week myself. It was rough this week for sure!