Thursday, May 05, 2011

Best Hematoma Ever?

Anyone who knows me knows I have an unhealthy obession with hematomas. It all started while watching a Holyfield-Rahman fight with JLeary and Shoeb.

I love Rahman's hematoma so much I use it for my image on blogger. I even used it for my picture during lookalike week on Facebook.

The hematoma that started it all

But a new hematoma has emerged possibly topping Rahman's in size and gruesomeness.
Check out Mark Hominick during his fight at UFC 129 against Jose Aldo. The amazing thing is, not only did they let him fight after several doctors' checks of it (actually squeezing it at one point), but Hominick dominated Aldo in the 5th round despite this huge thing growing on his head.

Mark Hominick's amazing hematoma




















Looking back it seems like I love all UFC injuries, from Josh Koscheck's eye, to Marvin Eastman's cut (the original goat's vagina), to Brandon Vera's nose and to the most sickening, Corey Hill's broken leg.

1 comment:

ton said...

I think Rahman's was bigger overall. Might be a toss up, in a pound for pound contest. Goat's Vagina will always be #1, just because it's the most appropriate yet hysterical description of an injury ever.