Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Don't Fuck With Mrs. Poop

Recently our home has been terrorized by a groundhog. He is living under our sunporch and tearing up the insulation.

One day Mrs. Poop sent me the following e-mail:

"Just pulled into the driveway and the big fat fucking groundhog was up in that tree near the AC. He was so fat he was bending the tree. He jumped off it so fast as soon as I pulled in. We need to get rid of that mother fucker. He just came out again while I was sitting here and I blasted the horn at him. He's staring at me. Too bad I don't have a gun. I could shoot him right now. With just a tranquilizer dart of course and relocate him."

The next day she e-mailed me this:



She insists she is not the person who ran over our cuddly little pest. Poor groundhog looked like Henry Waxman.

The unfortunate postscript to this story is that there is at least one more of his relatives still inhabiting the space beneath our home. And I think we are going to have to construct a fence, as relying on reckless drivers doesn't seem to be a sound philosophy.

4 comments:

ton said...

Buy a trap, put peanut button on one end of it as the lure. Guaranteed success. I've seen this work. Little animals love it.

Mrs. Poop said...

Yes our town rents these traps for $5 a day so we are going to have to do that before constructing a fence. Not sure where we will let him go after we trap him. The town will take him away for $35.

Damino said...

Ton is right on. The humane traps are the way to go. The animal isn't harmed but it'll get rid of your problem.

You can drive it to a wooded area and let it go. Make sure to go more than a mile from your house because otherwise it might find its way back.

jleary said...

I am not sure I want to know what TON is doing with peanut butter and the animals