Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Damino Learns An Important Lesson

15 years ago today Damino learned that you should never invite the whole school to a party at your house.

Never have the entire school over for a party when your Nana (may she rest in peace) lives downstairs.

One party ball is not enough beer for the entire school.

Damino also knows you never stop growing and learning.

He has learned a few more important lessons.

Always believe the worst about a politician.

Never believe a convoluted explanation when a simpler one is out there.

And never go against me when it comes to ferreting out the truth.

Rep. Anthony Weiner confirmed what I believed all along when he said "the picture was of me, and I sent it."

He went on to admit having internet or phone relationships with 6 women but claims he never met any of these women in person, just carried sexual conversations and exchanged the occasional lewd picture with these women. I hope he is telling the truth this time.

Several times during his press conference he said he was taking responsibility for his actions.

WRONG!

I have written many times on this blog about the importance of personal responsibility. I think it's the biggest problem affecting this country right now. No one takes responsibility for anything.

And it starts at the top. Bill Clinton (I know he wasn't the first) lied and lied and lied, until he got caught and couldn't lie anymore, then he apologized, admitted it and begged forgiveness.

Bill Clinton officiated Anthony Weiner's politically expedient wedding so I guess we shouldn't be surprised that when Weiner violated it he looked to his mentor for an example of how to take a scandal and blow it up into something 10 times worse by lying about it.

That's not personal responsibility. Once you've been caught, it's too late to be responsible. Personal responsibility is standing up and admitting wrongdoing because it's wrong, not because you have no other choice.

But politicians (in both parties) only care about themselves and their careers, and they will never take responsibility for their actions.

I just hope Damino learned that lesson this time.

5 comments:

Damino said...

As I wipe the egg off of my face, I must say this was a great post and I love the creative tie in to June 7.

You were spot on about Weiner, and I was wrong in looking for excuses and explanations when the truth was right in front of me. So going with the theme of this blog, I take personal responsibility for being wrong. I am not resigning as a Poophead, however.

I hope Weiner is telling the whole truth now. I don't like that he claimed the twit pick was a "joke," since it obviously wasn't. And if he used campaign money or other public funding a la John Edwards, he should resign. Assuming he's now told the whole truth and no crime was committed, I have no problem with him failing to resign.

Anonymous said...

I know I learned a lesson way back on June 7th, 1996. Never try to funnel straight vodka because it comes right up immediately. What a night. Can't believe it was 15 years ago.

I'm surprised you believed this weasel Bri. Most politicians lie. I knew from the get go what happened here and I was right. This arrogant prick, who thinks he's so smart, didn't even know how to Tweet his dick properly and sent it to all instead of a Direct Message. This guy wants to be Mayor??? I hope he steps down. I wouldn't have voted for him, cock pic or not.
As someone who can tweet my cock pics with absolute impunity, I laugh at this joker.

Tom Gunn

jleary said...

I can't believe that was 15 year either. I was at a sweet sixteen so I came late and missed most of the excitement. The funny thing is I didnt know where the house was, so I jokingly followed a cop car in front of me and found it

focks said...

I can't believe Damino is not hosting a 15th anniversary party!

Paul said...

Too bad Glenn can't read I'd love to get his remembrances of that night.