Friday, June 17, 2011

I Hope I Don't Jinx Myself

I can't hold it in any longer. For years I have been play Beat the Streak on mlb.com. The object is simple, pick one player everyday (no restrictions) and build a hitting streak. If your guy doesn't get a hit that day, your streak is over.

My longest streak prior to this year was 11 games. Right now I am riding a 15-game hitting streak.
I know I am still 41 games short of Joe DiMaggio but the prize for passing him and getting to 57 games is $5.6m.
And I am nearly halfway to this season's longest streak of 31 games.
So I know it's early, and I am not counting my chickens, I just thought it would be fun to share my streak, my selections and have you cheer along with me.

Tonight's selection is Prince Fielder because he is facing John Lackey who has a 7.41 ERA and a .297 batting average against.

10 comments:

Juice said...

very cool...

Paul said...

Game 16 (6/17): Prince Fielder doubles

Next up: Curtis Granderson (vs Ryan Dempster)

Paul said...

Game 17 (6/18): Curtis Granderson singles

Next up: The Magnificent Pooh Holes (vs. Danny Duffy)

Paul said...

Game 18 (6/19): The Splendid Pooh Holes singles

Next up: Prince Fielder (vs. Jeff Niemann)

Paul said...

Game 19 (6/20): Prince Fielder singles (with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th

Next up: Carlos Gonzalez (vs. Mitch Talbot)

Paul said...

Game 20 (6/21): Carlos Gonzalez (aka CarGo) singles

Next up: Justin Upton (vs Jeff Francis)

Paul said...

Game 21 (6/22): Justin Upton singles

Next up: Jose Reyes (vs Graham Godfrey)

Paul said...

Game 22 (6/23): Jose Reyes singles

Next up: Joey Votto (vs Chris Jakubauskas)

Paul said...

Game 23 (6/24): Joey Votto doubles

Next up: Ichiro (vs Chris Volstad)

Paul said...

Game 24: Ichiro goes 0-4, the streak is over