Saturday, June 18, 2011

This is Not a Joke

The other night while driving to work at 3:30 AM I was traveling in the center lane on Route 4. A car zips past me in the left lane. I was doing low 60s, I estimate this car was doing at least 80.
I saw it was a cop car and wondered where it was going that fast. And I then surmised if there had been a real emergency it would have had its lights on.
I was able to follow its tail lights, since no one else was on the road and saw it pull into its final destination: Dunkin Donuts.
What a cliche.

1 comment:

Mrs. Reissberg said...

I went to college in the lovely town of Waltham, MA, where one of the most popular restaurants is the 99 (there are a few of them, it's kind of like a low(er) class ground round). I was once stopped at a traffic light and a cop car came zooming around me, lights going, siren blaring...and pulled into the parking lot at the 99. I guess he couldn't wait the 10 seconds until the light changed. At least DD has delicious coffee and donuts!