Thursday, September 22, 2011

I Feel So Unaccomplished

For most people, if you want to check up on former classmates, you need to go to Facebook. Recently I saw two of my fellow students at the Newhouse School for Public Communications at Syracuse University, just by turning on the TV.

Clo Ewing appeared in a couple episodes of "Season 25," the Behind-the-Scenes show documenting the final season of "The Oprah Winfrey Show." She was shown greeting guests, and standing in for Oprah during rehearsals.

And on the "Real Sports" profile of Bob Uecker I saw Uecker's broadcast partner Cory Provus in the booth.

And there's also this list (which I believe I have posted before) of Syracuse graduates who are on air sportscasters in some form.

3 comments:

Damino said...

Paul it's a great school so there are going to be high-profile alumni everywhere.

I know the feeling. Recently on Real Time With Bill Maher 2 of the 3 people on his panel were classmates/acquaintances of Mrs. Damino and I. Conservative pundit S.E. Cupp '00 and Andrew Ross Sorkin '99 who wrote Too Big to Fail.

All 4 of us worked at the Cornell Daily Sun. Very humbling.

Reissberg said...

Too of my former colleagues at the Daily Penn. shared a by-line in the NY Times recently.

Bill said...

Neil Funk? Who knew.