Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weekly Picks

Tough week with the Falcons laying and egg and losing a third game on a push. But it's time to bounce back. I see a lot of overreactions to what happened during Week 1 and I am hoping to exploit that this week.

green bay -10 CAROLINA
Hard to say a team giving up 10 points at home is an overreaction. And I like Cam Newton. But I don't seem him having a game like that again. And if he doesn't throw for 400, Aaron Rodgers will.

oakland +4 BUFFALO
Didn't the Bills suck just a week ago. One game, I don't care how convincing, doesn't make up for a lack of talent. They can even win this game by a field goal and I still get the spread.

NEW ENGLAND -7 san diego
If the Patriots are going to have one of those seasons where they embarrass 8 to 10 teams in a row, I don't want to sit on the sidelines and miss it. Plus, the Chargers are perennially disappointing in September (and then again in January.)

NEW YORK JETS -9 jacksonville
I think the Jets defense will really be dominant. Rex rips them and they respond.

BEST BET
tampa bay +2 1/2 MINNESOTA

I almost never pick underdogs as best bets. But I just don't get this spread. Did anyone watch Donovan McNabb last week? Or last season? He is not bouncing back. He is done. Sure he might even throw for 100 yards this week. But he stinks. The Bucs only looked bad last week because they played the Lions, who are better.

Last week: 2-3 (1 point)
Season: 2-3 (1 point)
Best Bets: 0-1 (0-1)
Home Favorites: 0-1 (0-1)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (0-0)
Road Favorites: 1-1 (1-1)
Road Underdogs: 1-1 (1-1)

1 comment:

Damino said...

You really circled the wagons with that (correct) pick against Buffalo with the points. I don't think they completely suck, and am sticking with my prediction of 6-8 wins.