Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekly Picks

A new season means a new chance to erase some recent failures and recapture my past form. I haven't really read much going into Week 1 because I don't do fantasy but I think I have a pretty good idea of who will be good and who will be bad. But remember, when we look back on these results in 10 weeks, what we think are upsets now may not turn out to be.

indianapolis +9 HOUSTON
I think this line is a total overreaction. Yes Peyton Manning matters, but not this much.

detroit +1 1/2 TAMPA BAY
This year's upstart team will beat last year's upstart team.

ARIZONA -7 carolina
This line is a little bigger than I would like but I do not like Cam Newton and I do think Kevin Kolb will be good. No way Newton wins his first NFL start, on the road. Whether he can lose by less than a touchdown, I'm not sure, but I'll take my chances.

philadephia -3 1/2 ST. LOUIS
I'm not convinced the Eagles are as good as everyone says and the Rams may show some big improvement this year. But I think Philly will get off to a good start with a win in Week 1.

BEST BET
atlanta -2 CHICAGO

My Super Bowl team against the Bears who still haven't upgraded their line enough to protect Jay Cutler.

2 comments:

master bates said...

Looks like you picked up right where you left off last year.

Paul said...

that push really hurts. I thought it was 6.5