Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Three New Favorite Players for 2012

Brandon Phillips - I was watching one of those shows on MLB Network where they have players wired for sound. Phillips aka B-Peezy was singing "damn damn damn James" in the dugout. Any Poophead worth his or her salt knows that is the refrain from my favorite song, "Spottieottiedopaliscious."

Drew Pomeranz - Three weeks after undergoing an emergency appendectomy in August, he was back on the mound. And he actually pitched 5 scoreless innings in his Major League debut. When I had my appendix out I was itching my belly button for two months after.

Zach Wheeler - For years I have been pushing the Mets to dump their overpaid, underproducing stars for top-notch minor league prospects. Though the Mets lack the stomach to go full bore into rebuilding mode (because they have to please the papers and Fat Francesa), they did get a highly-regarded pitching prospect for Carlos Beltran.

2 comments:

Reissberg said...

I agree about Wheeler, though you'd have to admit Beltran was not "underproducing" in 2011. His .910 OPS was, I think top 10 in the league (though it likely will not be repeated).

Paul said...

Don't be a stickler. Over the life of his 7-year deal he underperformed.