Thursday, April 05, 2012

Walk-Out Music

It's Opening Day so across the country lead-off hitters are coming to the plate to the current cheesy pop hits.
If I were a baseball player, I'd probably bat second and be a high on-base, low slugging guy, I would want the PA to play "Let's Go By Trick Daddy" before each of my at bats:



Combine the Ozzy Osbourne "Crazy Train" sample, with a good bassline and Trick Daddy's aggressive lyrics, that is guaranteed to get the heart of the lineup fired up.

But if I were a closer I would want something a little more intimidating. I like "Shut Em Down" by Onyx. That should intimidate the opposing hitters:



Imagine running out of the bullpen with that song playing.

Please post your own preferences in the comments section. And include the link to the youtube videos.

4 comments:

Damino said...

My song would be "Shots" by LMFAO and Lil Jon. Sure to get the crowd fired up although some of the language is soooo not family friendly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNtTEibFvlQ&ob=av2e

jleary said...

As a closer, I think I go with "Mama said knock you out" seems a closer-esque song.

Up at bat I like "Scenerio", always a song that got me fired up.

Juice said...

My closing song would probably be "no sleep till brooklyn" by the beastie boys or something by rage against the machine....

But when it comes to my walk-up song I'd probably go the comedy route like troy tulowitzki has done in the past when he came up to the plate to "party in the usa" by miley cyrus and rotate songs like:

"Get in my Car" by DAvid Hasselhoff
"Girl You Know Its True" ny Milli V
"Its Raining Men" by Weather Girls
"My Heart Will Go On: by Celine D
"Barbie Girl" by Aqua

you get my drift..
looking for the pitcher to lose focus

Paul said...

Damino I like where you were going with this, but I can't condone an LMFAO song. The group is an abomination.

J, Mama Said and Scenario are awesome old-school choices.

Juice, I love the idea. If I were coming up with a joke song it would be "Lovin You" by Minnie Ripperton.