Monday, April 22, 2013

Everything's Funnier as a Cartoon

The creators of the Simpsons recently came out with a spoof of the famous "Breaking Bad" montage where Walt cooks meth,counts his money and generally gets his own meth operation running, while "Crystal Blue Persuasian" by Tommy James and the Shondells plays.



Separately, in a new episode of Phineas and Ferb the boys are tricked into switching brains with alien inmates at an intergalactic prison. Their entire escape (the entire episode really) is an homage to Shawshank Redemption.

4 comments:

Bill said...

Both are great, but the second one is the best.

Damino said...

I can't wait for Breaking Bad to come back in August. Bittersweet though because with the show ending this season, I'm already nostalgic for seasons past.

Paul said...

Phineas and Ferb is a great show. I doubt any kid viewers have ever seen Shawshank. But as a parent who believes in co-viewing I really enjoyed the satire. And I strongly recommend PnF for all creative kids.

With most shows I prefer their runs end a year too early than a year too late. For Breaking Bad I'd amend that. Would love to see two more seasons even though I know its impossible to continue to meet the ridiculously high standard the show set.

Damino said...

I agree with you about tv series in general and I absolutely love BB. But to be honest I thought season 5 was a bit of a letdown compared to the incomparable season 4 and the 3 prior phenomenal seasons.

I don't take that to mean the show is slipping or has passed its prime, and in my view it really went from an A plus to a solid A. My concern is that if they did two more seasons of A or A minus level and not A plus material, it'd unfairly take away from the unbelievable greatness of the first 4 seasons.

As an aside, I've noticed that seasons 4 in general seem to be the prime for tv series. Breaking Bad, Dexter and The Wire are 3 of my all time favorite shows and I think that each of them peaked (to date for BB and Dex) in season 4.