Friday, April 19, 2013

Something Good in This World

Last summer a 29-year-old man with Down Syndrome, named Ted Kremer joined the Cincinnati Reds as batboy for a day after his parents won a charity auction.
His effect on the team was so profound that they invited Teddy back, to be the batboy again on April 17th. In the 6th inning he asked Todd Frazier to hit a home run for him.



Teddy looks pretty happy, doesn't he?



"He is so funny," Frazier told Cincinnati.com. "He said, 'come on man, hit me a home run. I love you.' And I said 'I love you, too. I'll hit you one. It was great how excited, that look, I started smiling before I even hit home plate.

"He's such a great guy… Even if you have a terrible day, you can't be mad with a guy like that around."



There's a lot of bad stuff going on in this world, so it's nice to see pure unadulterated joy on the face of someone who really deserves it.

No comments: