Thursday, May 09, 2013

My List Of The Two Stupidest Things Ever

Lists are stupid. People are stupid. Buzzfeed everyday comes out with a new list of the 23 most annoying Buzzfeed lists. Forbes Magazine's lists of team values and people's net worths are so inaccurate they are not even worth reporting on. Men's Health, Cosmo, every magazine out there has a new list every single month. I hate lists. But two recent lists have pissed me off more than anything else.
First, Gwenthy Paltrow named The World's Most Beautiful Woman by People Magazine.



That I understand, sort of. Gwyneth is attractive, though not even close to the Most Beautiful in the world. But People is a women's magazine, and women like stars who are pretty in a non-threatening way. Even though most women thought the selection of Gwyneth was a fraud based on her publicist taking the editors of People Magazine out to a fancy dinner or something.

If that's the case, Miley Cyrus's publicists must have sent a team of smoking hot asian hookers to the Maxim offices. How did someone who is not even remotely attractive make the top 100 list, ahead of Kate Upton, Olivia Munn, Olivia Wilde, Nina Agdal, Sofia Vergara, Stacy Kiebler, Brooklyn Decker and Emilia Clarke aka Mother of Dragons?

I can only guess they were trying to appeal to horny 15 year olds as the rest of the top 10 included 3 more girls (Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale and Selena Gomez) who got their starts on the Disney Channel.







You may say I chose ugly pictures on purpose, but that one is the one Maxim is using. What a joke. I canceled my Maxim subscription after their cover girls were Laura Prepon and Avril Lavigne. Those two look like hotties compared to this diseased skank.

2 comments:

ton said...

It's all stupid. Any list that proclaims to rank the 'hottest' is invalid immediately, since beauty is completely subjective in the first place. I suppose if this were open to public voting, it could be considered valid. But since it wasn't, it's always a publicity vehicle.

Also, I've always considered Avril to be super attractive. She ruins it sometimes with style choices for me (actually haven't seen her in a long time) but still. In a way, that last photo of Miley is also sorta hot (but yes, other are 'diseased skank' worthy)...even though I'm super annoyed by her, and generally find zero attractive about her.

Just saying, I agree that lists are stupid, but there's a lot of people that think Laura Prepon and Avril Levigne are cover worthy.

Paul said...

I agree lists are dumb, but the lists wouldn't be as bad if their findings were valid. If Kate Upton were #1 people might quibble here and there but they could at least see the point. Miley Cyrus, no way. Maxim said they did have internet voting, but it wasn't the sole factor. They said the voting was overwhelming for Miley. I just don't see it.

Magazine covers should be for hot chicks, not just chicks who don't look too bad.