Monday, May 20, 2013

Always Be Alert for Batted Balls

I have never caught a foul ball at a baseball game. Probably because I usually don't sit close enough. But if I were ever in that position I hope I would snag the ball as gracefully as this guy and the Mets-Cubs game, and without tumbling over the railing into the section below.



But I would never want to be this guy. Through hardly any fault of his own a foul ball smashed his beer cup and doused 13 people (someone counted).



No surprise the ball was hit by the Mighty Pooh Holes. It takes a strong man to douse that many people.

2 comments:

Damino said...

That's awesome.

At a recent Mets game I nearly caught one of those t-shirts that they shoot into the crowd by canon. I had to stretch my arm way back past the row behind us, and the shirt landed in my palm and bounced several rows back. Totally could've and should've grabbed it, but it was a thrill anyway.

Paul said...

At the Knicks game we went to a t-shirt from the cannon went about 6 seats over and three rows back. Chase spent the next 5 minutes figuring out ways I could have and should have caught it. Some would have required me to have propulsion devices that haven't even been invented yet.