Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Getting Some Use Out of the "Stupid Things I Do Because They'd Make Good Blog Posts" Tag

Turns out I was able to find a few affordable things still remaining on the wedding registry for Rebecca Liddicoat and Robert Griffin III.



So I sent the couple a lovely orange Kate Spade bath towel.
I've gotten a little more information about this that has turned me slightly against the Griffins. First, they should have made the registry private and given the password to family and friends. Second, there is also an option where the couple could donate 50% or even 100% of the value of the gifts to charity. That would have been nice. They're of course under no obligation to do so, but to not do either of those things makes it seem like they wanted gifts from fans. But we have to go back to the elemental reason you buy someone a gift, to show them you care about them, to make them happy, and because it brings joy to the sender to make the recipient happy. All those reasons still apply here so I am happy I did it and I hope they use my bath towel in good health.

1 comment:

Juice said...

if he doesn't send you a thank you card he's no mensch....