Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Funny or Douchey?

At Syracuse University half of the guys in broadcast journalism want to be local sports anchors, at least to start their careers. Adam Lefkoe, class of 2008, is living the dream at WHAS11 in Louisville. For his Sunday evening sportscast he turned it into a Seinfeldcast. He took suggestions via Twitter and worked in as many references as he could. He hit 41, including the graphics.



I think it's a cool idea, but I'm not sold on the execution. Of the 41 references, 10 were natural, 20 (including those) were funny, 20 others were forced and awkward and 1 went over my head. It took me several minutes to remember Jack Clompus told Jerry to "take the pen."

I'm very torn on funny or douchey for this one, which is why I need your help, Poopheads.

No comments: