Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Song of the Week

"Dirty Laundry" - Kelly Rowland
The rebirth of Kelly Rowland continues with this very personal jam in which she vents about being jealous of Beyonce's success. She also talks about being beaten by an ex and everyone assumes it is former Dallas Cowboys safety Roy Williams. But the internet seems to have dispelled that notion and pointed the finger at a different boyfriend. Either way, in an age when so much music, especially hip-hop, isn't about anything, I enjoy hearing a real, true, painful personal story. It's what soul music is supposed to be.

5 comments:

juice said...

great call

Paul said...

Thanks Juice, glad you liked it.

jleary said...

maybe it was nelly...she dated him too I think right. I do like this song though. Plus I always thought she was hotter than beyonce..though I may be in the minority on that one

Paul said...

Allegedly, it's someone from Nelly's crew, Cudda Love. She never dated Nelly but met Cudda on the set of Dilemma video.

I think they're both very hot, but always preferred Beyonce by a slim margin.

Bill said...

wow, that is a great song. Both are very hot, B has more curves.