Sunday, November 10, 2013

Weekly Picks

It always puzzles me how my percentage on best bets is so much worse than on other games. 18-18 isn't bad, but 3-6 is pitiful. Guaranteed lock of the year as my best bet this week though.

oakland +7 NEW YORK GIANTS
The Raiders got embarrassed last week and have to make the long trip to the East Coast for this game. Those are two things I don't think really matter much but were definitely incorporated into the spread. It seems like everyone is already picking the Giants to go on another crazy run to the playoffs, but I'm not so sure. I'm loathe to pick against the Giants but I think this spread is too big.

GREEN BAY -1 philadelphia
One team played one of the best games anyone has played all season, the other team played like shit once its star QB got knocked out of the game. But my overriding theory of picking games is that nothing lasts very long in the NFL.

detroit +1/2 CHICAGO
Under normal circumstances I would like the Lions better than the Bears. But these are not normal circumstances. Jay Cutler could play, is likely to play, but even so I don't have much confidence in him.

NEW ORLEANS -6 1/2 dallas
Dallas has been riding a very thin line all season, playing a lot of close games. They got lucky against Minnesota last week while the Saints were getting beaten by the Jets. I don't think the Cowboys have the ability to harass Drew Brees in the way, so I expect a strong bounce back performance.

BEST BET
SAN FRANCISCO -6 1/2 carolina

One of these teams is really good, the other team has just been beating up on weak competition. That's my view on this game. We'll see if I'm right.

Last Week: 3-2 (2 points)
Season: 21-24 (18 points)
Best Bets: 0-1 (3-6)
Home Favorites: 1-2 (9-8)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (1-1)
Road Favorites: 2-0 (6-6)
Road Underdogs: 0-0 (5-9)

No comments: