Monday, November 04, 2013

What Does the Focks Say?

I'm sure you've heard by now of this ridiculous pop sensation "What Does the Fox Say?"



It wasn't even meant to be a song. A Norwegian comedy duo did it on their show, and somehow, inexplicably, it spread around the world like a virus.

I do have to admit that I find the song catchy, though the video and the animal costumes really freak me out. But it has definitely jumped the shark.

Abercrombie and Fitch made its own video of the song and then came out with this t-shirt which is like a trifecta of cultural doucheyness.



If this song has gotten on my nerves you can only imagine what is has done to someone who shares a name with the song's title character.

I interviewed Focks for this post and he said people have said to him "what does the fox say?" so many times that it's affected his brain and made him likely to murder the next person who mentions that song to him.

8 comments:

focks said...

this needs to end already

ton said...

I'm amazingly happy to have no apparent connection to society, and have never heard of this until Halloween, when a group costume was 'what does the fox say'. I had no clue what they were, or what it was about. Never knew this was the origin till now.

master bates said...

Poop your eldest niece adores this song

RZR said...

Like, Ton, I was not familiar with this phenomenon, but I am now - and I'm so very thankful for that.

Reissberg said...

Darren can't get enough of this either.

Mrs. Poop said...

Chase and Julian love it too. Julian saw the video and said "I want to watch the fox, I want to watch the fox."

Paul said...

I did a follow-up interview with Focks "people at work tend to whistle or sing it. Clients bring it up. I liked it better when they joked about [that guy] from Lost."

focks said...

The Focks says everyone should stop singing this already