Sunday, September 14, 2014

Weekly Picks

Another disappointing start to the season, getting 60% of the games right but losing my best bet as always. But this week I feel I have found a really good best bet, but who knows about the other games. And remember, I am always on the lookout for good teams that lost in Week 1 and don't want to go 0-2.

new england -4 MINNESOTA
This one seems pretty obvious to me especially without child abuser Adrian Peterson in the backfield. Yes, the Patriots are going to decline at sometime and they looked awful last week. But I think they can still cover this relatively modest spread on the road.

GREEN BAY -7 1/2 new york jets
This is another easy one. The Jets beat a bad team at home. The Packers lost to a good team on the road. The Packers will win this game, my only worry is if somehow the Jets can keep it close.

INDIANAPOLIS -3 philadelphia
I do like the Eagles this year, but they did not play well in the win against Jacksonville last week. The Colts got down really early against Denver and almost came all the way back. Again, I don't expect them to lose at home to fall to 0-2. The question: can they cover? Once again, a modest spread so I will take my chances.

dallas +3 1/2 TENNESSEE
Ok, so the Cowboys looked really bad last week. But a lot of that was turnovers, which are often bad luck. Ok, maybe in last week's game they weren't so much bad luck as bad play. But still, I have a feeling they can keep this close or even get the win on the road.

BEST BET
atlanta +5 1/2 CINCINNATI

Maybe it's my Hard Knocks bias. Or my bounce back bias. But I am expecting big things from the Falcons this year. These two teams are very similar on offense and can both put a lot of points on the board, but I still feel this spread is just too big for a team as good as Atlanta.

Last Week: 3-2 (2 points)
Season: 3-2 (2 points)
Best Bets: 0-1 (0-1)
Home Favorites: 1-1 (1-1)
Home Underdogs: 0-1 (0-1)
Road Favorites: 0-0 (0-0)
Road Underdogs: 2-0 (2-0)

No comments: