Sunday, September 21, 2014

Weekly Picks

Followed up my disappointing start with another bad week in which I lost two close games (Green Bay and Indy) and of course, my best bet (Atlanta), But I feel a little heartened in that I correctly identified a trend 0-1 teams vs 1-0 teams that managed to work in most cases. Sticking with a similar philosophy this week and hoping for better results.

NEW ORLEANS -10 1/2 minnesota
I hate picking against a team that has some intangible thing like this Adrian Peterson deal hanging over its head because people make way too big a deal out of it when it really has no meaning. But I can't see the Saints falling to 0-3, so I will just hope they can hang a big number on the Vikes.

SEATTLE -4 1/2 denver
I feel very ambivalent about this game but the Seahawks lost last week, they're at home and I don't believe the Broncos have something to prove.

MIAMI -3 1/2 kansas city
Miami laid a stinker in Buffalo last week but I expect them to rebound against a Chiefs team I don't think is very good.

chicago +2 1/2 NEW YORK JETS
I wanted to throw one underdog into the mix and wanted it to be one I felt had a good shot of winning the game outright.

BEST BET
indianapolis -7 1/2 JACKSONVILLE

I really believe that Andrew Luck is going to be the next great NFL QB, but he's started the season with two tough losses. I expect the Colts to rebound in a big way against a really bad Jacksonville team.

Last Week: 2-3 (1 point)
Season: 5-5 (3 points)
Best Bets: 0-1 (0-2)
Home Favorites: 0-2 (1-3)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (0-1)
Road Favorites: 1-0 (1-0)
Road Underdogs: 1-1 (3-1)

No comments: