Sunday, October 05, 2014

Weekly Picks

I knew this would happen, I followed up a 5-point Week 3 with a zero point stinker last week, perhaps helping to usher in the demise of the New England Patriots dynasty.

NEW ENGLAND +1 cincinnati
Speaking of the New England dynasty, I think all that stuff is a little overstated. The Bengals are a bad opponent to try to bounce back against (could use the Raiders, like the Dolphins did, but they already beat them this year) and I thought the Pats would be getting 3 or 3 1/2 but I've learned not to let those things bother. I believe that they will win.

atlanta +3 1/2 NEW YORK GIANTS
I am trying to get in sync with Atlanta who I believe is still a good team with a lot of good players. I am not convinced about the Giants. I never pick against them and when I do they normally make me pay. But we will see.

Note: I heard a stat that Eli Manning is 2-1 at home in his career against the Falcons. I was at the one loss in his rookie year. It was the Sunday after the Malice at the Palace the previous Friday night. I listened to David Stern's press conference on the radio and when he was asked if the decision to suspend Artest for the entire season was unanimous and he said "yes, one-nothing."

PHILADELPHIA -6 1/2 st. LOUIS
The Eagles offense looked terrible against the 49ers. And the Rams have a good defense, but my overriding theory is that the same things rarely happen two weeks in a row.

houston +6 1/2 DALLAS
All of the sudden the Cowboys went from horrible to great. This is way too many points to give to a pretty good Texans team with a great defense that should be able to slow Dallas's running game and force Tony Romo into mistakes.

BEST BET
NEW ORLEANS -10 1/2 tampa bay

I've gotten one best bet right all year and it was the Colts coming off a loss and playing the Jaguars. Now we have the Saints coming off a blowout loss to the Cowboys playing the ExpensiveCornPrices who just pulled off a miracle win against the Steelers. If the Saints lose they fall to 1-4 and the season is lost. Doubt that will happen, so we just have to hope they win by enough.

Last week: 1-4 (0 points)
Season: 10-10 (8 points)
Best Bets: 0-1 (1-3)
Home Favorites: 0-0 (3-4)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (0-1)
Road Favorites: 0-3 (2-3)
Road Underdogs: 1-1 (5-2)

No comments: