Thursday, October 15, 2015

If Martha Stewart Were a Mets Fan

A few years ago we bought a pumpkin painted with the Mets logo. When we went back to that store this year they didn't have any. So I tried to do it myself.

Here's what I did:

I printed out a Mets logo on a piece of paper and then covered the entire back of it with blue painter's tape.



Using scissors and a box cutter I cut out the logo and those little empty bits in the middle were a bitch.



Then I folded a bunch of pieces of tape into tiny little circles to make sure the edges would stick to the pumpkin.



Then I slapped it on the face of the pumpkin and tried to smooth it out as much as possible.



I sprayed the entire thing with blue spray paint and let it dry overnight.



We removed the paper and tape logo and lo and behold the orange of the pumpkin made a pretty nice Mets logo.

No comments: