Sunday, October 18, 2015

Weekly Picks

A very weird week as all 3 of my early teams blew leads and in the case of the Seahawks, completely choked away a game they should have had. But I salvaged it with my best bet, picking the Patriots.

cincinnati -3 BUFFALO
This goes against a lot of my theories, particularly the one about not overestimating how much a backup quarterback will hurt a team. But I really like the Bengals and think they should win this one, even on the road.

arizona -4 PITTSBURGH
Once again, I am not overestimating how much not having Big Ben will hurt the Steelers. I am just correctly valuing how good the Cardinals are. Very good.

carolina +7 SEATTLE
This seems to be a lot of points to get from a team that hasn't been playing very well and may not have their best offensive player.

MINNESOTA -3 1/2 kansas city
I continue to like the Vikings and think this spread is a little too small, considering they are playing a bad team at home.

BEST BET
new england -9 INDIANAPOLIS

I am not doing this because I think the Patriots are on some kind of fuck-you-revenge mission. I am doing this because I think the Patriots are very good Colts are not. And because Belichick doesn't giving a shit about running up the score.
Last week: 2-3 (3 points)
Season: 15-10 (16 points)
Best Bets: 1-0 (3-2)
Home Favorites: 0-2 (5-4)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (1-1)
Road Favorites: 2-0 (7-4)
Road Underdogs: 0-1 (2-1)

No comments: