Sunday, November 01, 2015

Weekly Picks

We keep on trucking along with decent weeks and alternating best bets, but now is the time to string together a bunch of best bets in a row. We're having a decent season, but not getting enough of those crucial key picks.

minnesota -1 CHICAGO
I guess he will keep riding the Vikings until they start getting some respect from the oddsmakers.

san diego +3 1/2 BALTIMORE
I don't pick enough underdogs. The Ravens are bad. I had the Falcons but then realized they've really fallen off in the past few weeks and the ECPs are improving. Plus I like that extra half point on the spread.

green bay -3 DENVER
Aaron Rodgers is just better than Peyton Manning right now, at this stage in their careers.

seattle -4 1/2 DALLAS
The Seahawks have been losing to good teams (their 4 losses are to teams with a combined 21-3 record) and beating the bad ones. Hopefully that holds true here.

BEST BET
ny jets -3 OAKLAND

I can't believe I am doing this. In the history of this blog, I wonder how many times I have made the Jets my best bet. I would suppose it's been very few. Two main reasons behind this: 1) Once I started hearing everyone talk about how great the Raiders are, I immediately thought they hype had gone too far. 2) The Jets are a good team when Chris Ivory is carrying the football.

Last week: 3-2 (4 points)
Season: 21-14 (22 points)
Best Bets: 1-0 (4-3)
Home Favorites: 2-1 (8-5)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (1-1)
Road Favorites: 1-1 (9-7)
Road Underdogs: 0-0 (3-1)

No comments: