Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Weekly Picks

4-2 last week, 22-14 overall. Evidently Mike is reading these, judging by his big move in the standings. We can only wonder what Josh is reading.

DALLAS +1.5 denver: Thanksgiving games are tough. Dallas usually comes to play on Thanksgiving. Denver is due for a loss. But I'll take the Broncos on the theory that you always take the better team if you can get points too.

CINCINNATI -9.5 baltimore: This is one of those made for me games. This game has everything I'm looking for. A bad team coming off a big win. A good team coming off a tough loss. Though I'm not convinced about the Bengals yet, they do have a good offense, and a good enough defense to hold a crappy offensive team to 13 points or fewer. I don't worry about the big spread. I take the Bengals.

ARIZONA +3.5 jacksonville: Crappy teams generally don't beat better teams two weeks in a row. But the Jaguars went 58 games without scoring more than 30 points, then did it two weeks in a row. I'll take the Jaguars and pray they don't burn me with another field goal victory.

OAKLAND -7.5 miami: This is just too many points for one crappy team to give to another. Unless the Raiders are like last year's Bills (a bad team that makes a move late in the season and comes up just short) there is no way they are winning this game by more than a touchdown. The Dolphins sucked last week but I think they can run the ball well enough to stay in the game.

PHILADELPHIA -4.5 green bay: This game is impossible to call. I really think the Packers still stink but it's hard to pick the Eagles minus Nabb and TO until they show you something. I think this might be the week the rest of the Eagles get a dead cat bounce.

JETS -0.5 saints: Hello! Don't pick the Jets under any circumstances for the rest of the season. That only leaves one team left in this game, the Saints.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets, will win