Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Gambling

Thanks to my status as boat blackjack champion I earned some respect around the craps table. I mostly played craps but I played some blackjack and some Caribbean stud.
The last day, Saturday, I sat down to play Caribbean stud with my friend Dwayne. We were fooling around and joking about the Royal Flush (paid a $27,000 jackpot). One hand I lost and the dealer forgot to take my $15. So I told him to take it hoping it would give me some good karma. Then I went over to the craps table a few minutes after they opened it, so it was probably around 7:10.

Only Dwayne was at the table. He was shooting for a little while and we made some money. Then I took the dice. Starting with a comeout roll I hit an 8, a hard 8, a 10 (new point) and a hard 10, in no more than 10 rolls of the dice. Then I sevened out. So the dice were back to Dwayne. Earlier in the week I posted that I needed one hot shooter to get back to even at craps. They almost needed to hose him down. It was better than my Foxwoods "light the gas" incident. I was 26/27 across the whole time, then I was pressing, by the end I had 10 or 15 on 4,5,9 and 10, and $30 on 6 or 8. I had $15 on the pass line (damn single odds). And he just kept rolling numbers. The dealers made at least $50 on the hardways we played for them. It was incredible. At 7:45 Dwyane cashed out $2250 and I cashed out $803.

Later that night I went back and played my last hurrah, couldn't get anything going. Got too aggressive towards the end and lost about $200. One highlight. I hadn't hit a yo all week. So on the come out roll, I threw out a dolla yo, shooter threw out a $5 yo. And the guy in between the shooter and me put his last $50 on the pass line. I said "come on shooter, its yo-time." Yo, 11. I get 15, shooter gets $75, other gets $50 and stacks it. Next roll, It was yo-time again. Another 75 for the shooter, and 15 for me, and 100 for the other guy.

Totals for the week (roughly):
Blackjack tournament: +800 (minus entries and tip)
Caribbean stud: +5
Blackjack: -100
Craps: -$100
Slots: -$40

That brings the total to just about $550. Not bad for a cruise. If you can play craps for a whole week and lose only $100, that isn't bad.

Pictures of gambling and the rest of the cruise will come later this week when Kate gets time.

2 comments:

Ton said...

Not bad homes. Sounds a lot better than when i went on a cruise, lost all my money playing roulette, got bored as hell after a few days, and wound up playing bingo with old ladies.

Mike said...

I played Bingo on a cruise as well. It actually was a lot of fun. Larry David loves bingo.