Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Movin On Up

Starting Monday I will be leaving my brief position at Headline News to take the position as business news producer for CNN's morning show, American Morning.
What this means:
1) I am basically the highest ranking business news producer at the network (excluding my old boss, who is more of a supervisor)
2) My new hours are just like my old hours 4a-12p.
3) The hits I produce will be on CNN at roughly 6:15, 6:45, 7:15, 7:45, 8:45 and 9:45am.
4) I am now part of the American Morning staff as opposed to the dwindling business news unit, hopefully a good sign for future advancement.
5) I finally have a PA working for me.
6) I should have more time to blog from 10a-12p but probably will never post anything before 10 unless its major news that I can get in before 6.
7) My old boss said since he's no longer responsible for filling in for me when I take vacation he'll approve all my vacation days and make it someone else's problem. That includes April 3rd and April 4th, clearing me for a fun trip to Shea with Scott and Shawn and allows me to stay up to watch the title game that night. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get those days off meaning I'd have to take the subway to Shea and arrive right at game time.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Congrats