Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Weekly Picks

A very poor showing last week, 2-6 for me, 21-24 overall and Adam and Harley are so far out of it there's almost no chance for recovery. But we still have to plug away.

DALLAS COWBOYS -10.5 tampa bay buccaneers
I think everyone is getting a little too excited about the Tony Romo era. Yeah the guy is good but I've already heard him being placed over Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger as far as young QBs go. He's started 3 games! I think the Cowboys will win but we've just seen so many underdogs hang in, and the Buccaneers have been game for the most of the season.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS -0.5 denver broncos
This is a pickem game. I think homefield advantage is overrated. The Broncos are a really good team coming off a tough loss. Just what I like.

CLEVELAND BROWNS +3.5 cincinnati bengals
I can't figure out the Bengals, but I'm starting to see that this season teams are running in streaks, not just win one, lose one. The Bengals have to get hot to beat out Jacksonville and the Jets for that last playoff spot. I think the Bengals will build on last week's victory with another big win.

ST. LOUIS RAMS -5.5 san francisco 49ers
This spread makes no sense. The Rams have lost 5 in a row while the 49ers have gotten into playoff contention. Right now I think San Fran is the better team. Every time I've had a game like this I went with my gut and it turned out to be wrong. I'll try it one more time but if the 9ers don't cover next time I see an obvious choice, I'll go the other way.

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS -13.5 oakland raiders
The Raiders have hung tough in a lot of games, fending off double digit spreads against Denver and Kansas City and losing 17-13 both times. Other than their Seattle disaster they've covered 4 of the last 5 games. But the Chargers are the best team in the NFL. They won't let that happen.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS -3.5 chicago bears
I still believe in the Bears. Because they can lose by a field goal and still cover the spread, I'll take the Bears.

No comments: