Friday, November 17, 2006

Weekly Picks

5-3 last week, 19-18 on the season.

MIAMI DOLPHINS -3.5 minnesota vikings
I've been getting burned a lot this year by trying to fight the trend. I just still think the Dolphins suck and that the Vikings tailspin is only temporary.

CLEVELAND BROWNS +3.5 pittsburgh steelers
The Steelers proved last week that when they play a good game they can beat almost anyone. Their defense is still a huge problem (41 allowed to Atlanta, 31 to Denver, 31 to New Orleans and 20 to Oakland) but the Browns don't have much offense to as long as they don't turn it over the Steelers should cover.

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS -3.5 cincinnati bengals
I really think the Bengals are just about ready to go in the tank while the Saints are a good team that played one bad game. I've been wrong in this situation a lot of times already this season but I gotta go with the Saints.

HOUSTON TEXANS -2.5 buffalo bills
Both bad teams played good games last week. But the Bills didn't get in the win column. I wish this spread were one more point for the Bills, but I'll take them anyway.

CAROLINA PANTHERS -6.5 st. louis rams
Carolina won the Monday night game which always leads to them being overrated the next week. That's how I won with the Rams last week, using that theory to pick against Seattle. But now I'm getting almost a touchdown from the most inconsistent team in the league, but the Rams are beginning to death spiral. But I'll take them anyway.

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS -11.5 oakland raiders
I know the Raiders have been covering a lot of spreads lately, and that the Chiefs just lost to the Dolphins. But if Kansas City doesn't win this game their season is over. And I never pick an underdog that I think has no shot of winning because 75% of the time, when an underdog covers, it wins outright.

ARIZONA CARDINALS - 2.5 detroit lions
Two awful teams. Maybe the two worst in the league. One lesson I learned last week. Never pick an awful team to win. So the Lions can lose by 2 and cover the spread. I'll hope for that.

DALLAS COWBOYS +3.5 indianapolis colts
The Colts haven't been dominant in their undefeated season so far. But they've been good enough to win all their games and I suspect that trend will continue. The spread is small enough to gamble on.

No comments: