Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Idol Chatter

Guys' performances were much better this week.

Sanjaya and the litte gay Hispanic kid, AJ, need to go home this week. What the fuck was up with Sanjaya's whole gimmick? He sang like he had a secret. I couldn't hear him above the band.

I like Jared Cotter because he sang one of my favorite songs ever, "Let's Get It On" and even though he wasn't anywhere close to Marvin, I still liked it. Plus whenever they say his name I hear "Harry Potter" and that makes me smile.

I love Chris with the big curly hair. He definitely married up, I know what that's like, and he's funny. But he needs to tell a new joke every week. "I bet you're wondering why I called this meeting" isn't going to last much longer. He also needs to choose a song some of us have heard of.

I hate the other Chris, the JT impersonator. Whenever he does his dance move (bouncing up and down) he moves his mouth away from the mike and his sound goes in and out. Also not sure but I think the song is about a geek who gets pussy (ie in the pink), or maybe it's about a geek who wears pink shirts. I'm sure Special K has the CD so maybe TON can explain it to me.

I liked Brandon singing "Time After Time" but I was hoping he would do a verse in Spanish like when Earl and Randy went to Mexico to bring back Catalina. I agreed with Simon that no one really cares that he dedicated the song to his grandmother. If the song sucks and the performance is boring no one is going to vote for him because of his grandmama. But it did give Simon the chance to say "I like puppies."

Love the beatboxing kid, Blake. He's going to have a hard time balancing the voters who like it, and the voters who grow sick of it though.

Loved Sundance even though he sang the same 8 words "all you wanna do is ride around Sally" 8 times. It's cool that he just had a kid. And that the kid already has a goatee. And it's only a matter of time before "We Want Head" t-shirts and signs start popping up.

1 comment:

Ton said...

First of all, maybe you should get out of your music cave once in a while, because Trouble, by Ray LaMontaine was a pretty damn popular song abour a year or so ago. I even have a tall hairy friend who saw him in concert (I went with Special K, so it wasn't gay).

Also, K likes Jason Mraz about 10% as much as I do. I've been a closet fan for a while now. I think the song is about a girl not giving him a chance because he's geeky looking, even though he could rock her world.

I also loved the fact that they let him get away with the line, something like "I can save you from an original dumb dumb, who wouldn't care if you come". Honestly, I'm not really sure how the hell that can NOT be taken as extremely sexual in nature. They bleep everything like that these days. Good to see someone asleep at the switch.