Sunday, March 25, 2007

I Know Women

Thanks to Texas and failed guesses at Nevada and Southern Illinois, I am out of the running in the Men's Tournament Challenge Group because Mike has all the same games as me from this point on.

But thanks to a slew of upsets of #2 seeds, none of which I picked to go very far and a monumental upset by Rutgers of overall #1 Duke, I rocketed up the Women's Tournament Challenge Leaderboard, hitting the top 2%, in 2937th overall.
But my runner-up pick Oklahoma was eliminated by Mississippi despite 31 points and 20 rebounds from Courtney Paris.




Also that Rutgers-Duke game was a classic with a heart stopping ending. Rutgers took a 1-point lead late then stole the ball with 5.6 seconds left. Duke fouled, but it didn't put them into the bonus. So Rutgers had to inbound. They went for a long pass but Essence Carson threw it short, and Lindsay Harding stole it. She drove into the lane and four Rutgers players fouled her simultaneously with a tenth of a second left.
Harding the ACC player of the year needed one to tie, two to take the lead...and she missed them both.

No comments: