Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Idol Chatter

For a show that featured inspiring songs, this episode was pretty uninspiring.

Chris Richardson sang a song he didn't even understand. He thought "Change the World" was about someone changing the world to feed the hungry or cure disease, when it's actually about a dude who wants to bang some chick who won't give him the time of day.

Melinda sang a song no one ever heard of. But she did it really well. I must say they are really making her and LaKisha look better each week.

Blake sang "Imagine" and it was completely boring.

Phil Stacey sucked.

And Jordin brought down the house and I think she may have passed Blake as my front runner to win.

I think we're getting down to crunch time starting next week, but this wee, quite obviously, Phil Stacey is going home. Expect Chris and Melinda in the bottom 3.

2 comments:

Josh said...

I completely disagree with your assessment. I think Phil Stacey, while utterly creepy, did the best of the contestants. Blake was good but boring, but its a boring song. We fast forwarded through Melinda and Lakeisha because I'm tired of not knowing the song or having it sound like its 100 years old. Jordin was good, but it sounded like she screamed it and it was pitchy but they don't care because they love her. I still think Blake will win because he has been saving some insane singing/beatbox song for when it matters. But it will be him and Jordin in the finals. I think Chris, Lakeisha, and Phil will be in the bottom three and Lakeisha goes home.

Brian said...

Shrek is a great singer, but seriously, who is buying her album?

I am so sick of the AI judges contstant over-praising of Jordin. She is easily the weakest of all the female singers left...

Blake and Chris should lose and go start their own boy band. I predict it would be hugely successful.