Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Go Sell Crazy Some Place Else

Antiwar activist Cindy Sheehan has given up the peace movement because ego has gotten involved, presumably she doesn't mean hers.
I don't want to poke fun at someone who lost a child but it's clear that Sheehan went crazy, whether it happened before her son died or not I don't know.
Maybe with her permission, maybe without, she became a symbol of something rather than just a grieving mother.
I hope she goes away and can try to get over the loss of her son, who she says "died for nothing."
Three questions I've always had about Sheehan.
1) When she was camped out in front of the President's Ranch demanding a meeting, hadn't she already met with the President?
2) Who financed her while she spent years traveling around protesting? I've heard rumors that it was Michael Moore.
3) If Sheehan was so vehemently anti-war her whole life, how come she didn't pass those values on to her son, who enlisted in a volunteer army?

No comments: