Friday, June 01, 2007

Pooping At Work

At home, when I have to poop, I like to luxuriate. I read a magazine. I sit. I enjoy. But at work it's a little different. Normally, I avoid pooping at work at all costs but my recent schedule change has forced me to do more of it.
First of all, I come to work almost right after I eat dinner. Second, the toilets are usually cleaned over night, so usually mine is the first poop the penetrate the unchartered blue waters left behind by the cleaning staff and their 2000 Flushes.
One gentleman I work with saunters off the john with a newspaper under his arm, saying hello to everyone he sees on the way. The men's room is in the corner of the floor, when you walk in that direction you're either using the elevator or the shitcan.
I choose to be less obvious, slipping off discreetly.
But lately, I've been bringing a magazine or a paper with me. Is this a breach of office ettiquette? Is it better to read an internet printout so you can ditch it when you're done and cut you're chances of being spied in half?

4 comments:

adubya said...

I think folding up the sports section and sticking it in your pocket is a better way to go.
Me, I like to read my emails on my cell phone/pda.

Anonymous said...

I prefer to do my relaxing away from the terlet. No reading...just business. Usually 2 minutes, tops.

But if you want to kick it stealth ninja style...adubya's got it right..just stuff your reading material in your pocket...or in your waistline, if you're not wearing a tucked in shirt.

Anonymous said...

One of my poop peeves is having to shit in a work office restroom - the sounds that penetrate from your neighbor in the next stall is always so embarassing :)

Anonymous said...

I worked at a place where there was a mystery contributer to the handicapped stall's reading library. One day, the print outs of internet articles 'someone' wanted to read stopped appearing.... I've since taken this task up to pleasantly surprise other potential would-be bored poopers.

In short -- stuff a printout in your pocket and leave it for the next bastard....